Change to regular font
1. New every morning is the love
our waking and uprising prove;
through sleep and darkness safely brought,
restored to life and power and thought.
2. New mercies each returning day
around us hover while we pray,
new perils past, new sins forgiven,
new thoughts of God, new hopes of heaven.
3. If on our daily course our mind
be set to hallow all we find,
new treasures still of countless price
God will provide for sacrifice.
4. The trivial round, the common task,
will furnish all we ought to ask,
room to deny ourselves, a road
to bring us daily nearer God.
5. Only, O Lord, in thy dear love,
fit us for perfect rest above,
and help us, this and every day
to live more nearly as we pray.
Go to Search page