Change to regular font
1. The day you gave us, Lord, has ended;
you call the darkness from the west;
our morning hymns to you ascended;
your praise now sanctifies our rest.
2. We thank you that your church, unsleeping
while earth rolls onward into light,
through all the world its watch is keeping,
nor will it rest by day or night.
3. As to each continent and island
the dawn proclaims another day,
the voice of prayer is never silent,
nor fade the sounds of praise away.
4. The sun that bids us rest is waking
our kin beneath the western sky;
fresh voices hour by hour are making
your wondrous deeds resound on high.
5. So be it, Lord, your throne shall never,
like earth's proud empires, pass away;
your sovereign reign will stand forever,
and grow, till dawns your glorious day.
Go to Search page