Change to large font
1. Hail to the Lord's Anointed, great David's greater Son;
hail, in the time appointed, his reign on earth begun!
He comes to break oppression, to set the captive free,
to take away transgression, and rule in equity.
2. He brings salvation speedy to those who suffer wrong;
he saves the poor and needy, and helps the weak be strong;
they sing who once were sighing, their darkness turned to light,
for they, who once were dying, are precious in his sight.
3. He shall come down like showers upon the fruitful earth,
and love, joy, hope, like flowers, spring in his path to birth.
Before him on the mountains shall peace, the herald, go,
and righteousness, in fountains, from hill to valley flow.
4. All powers shall bow before him, and gold and incense bring;
all nations shall adore him, his praise all people sing,
for he shall have dominion o'er river, sea and shore,
far as the eagle's pinion or dove's light wing can soar.
5. O'er every foe victorious, Christ on his throne shall rest,
from age to age more glorious, all blessing and all blest:
the tide of time shall never his covenant remove;
his name shall stand for ever: that name to us is Love.
Go to Search page