Change to large font
1. At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow,
every tongue confess him King of glory now;
'tis our God's good pleasure we should call him Lord,
who from the beginning was the mighty Word.
2. Humbled for a season to receive a name
from the lips of sinners unto whom he came.
Faithful, Jesus bore it spotless to the last,
brought it back victorious when from death he passed.
3. Name him, Christians, name him, with love strong as death,
name with awe and wonder, and with bated breath;
this is God the Saviour; this is Christ the Lord,
ever to be worshipped, trusted and adored.
4. In your hearts enthrone him; there let him subdue
all that is not holy, all that is not true.
Crown him as your captain in temptation's hour;
let his will enfold you in its light and power.
5. Christians, this Lord Jesus shall return again,
with his Father's glory and an angel train,
for all wreaths of empire meet up on his brow,
and our hearts confess him King of glory now.
Go to Search page