Change to large font
1. As pants the hart for cooling streams
when heated in the chase,
so longs my soul, O God, for thee
and thy refreshing grace.
2. For thee, my God, the living God,
my thirsty soul doth pine;
oh when shall I behold thy face,
thou majesty divine?
3. Why restless, why cast down, my soul?
Trust God, who will employ
sure aid for thee, and change these sighs
to thankful hymns of joy.
4. God of my strength, how long shall I,
like one forgotten, mourn,
forlorn, forsaken and exposed
to my oppressor's scorn?
5. Why restless, why cast down, my soul?
Hope still, and thou shalt sing
praise to thy God, the living God,
thy health's eternal spring.
Go to Search page